My 5th consecutive Moor Park 10K run. It has become a tradition now to do this around my birthday time 🙂
Not my fastest time but can console myself a bit as it was better than last year and under an hour 🙂
People seem to be finding my site looking for Robert De Niro quotes and since I didn’t really have anything related to that on my site, this post is to compensate for that. So enjoy some of my favourite quotes from a truly amazing actor –
- If you’re an actor, always be true to your character. If you are not an actor, have character and always be true to yourself.
- Sometimes if you have financial restraints, it’s a benefit. It forces you to come up with a more creative way.
- You’ll have time to rest when you’re dead.
- There’s nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself.
- Time goes on. So whatever you’re going to do, do it. Do it now. Don’t wait.
- You learned the two greatest thing in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.
- Good directors can bring certain things out of you, with their intensity or gentleness or sensitivity or understanding. They can make an actor feel he can do no wrong.
- I always tell actors when they go in for an audition: Don’t be afraid to do what your instincts tell you. You may not get the part, but people will take notice.
- In acting, I always try to go back to what would actually be the real situation, the real human behavior in life.
- Money makes your life easier. If you’re lucky to have it, you’re lucky.
- My definition of a good hotel is a place I’d stay at.
- When you make a drama, you spend all day beating a guy to death with a hammer, or what have you. Or, you have to take a bite out of somebody’s face. On the other hand, with a comedy, you yell at Billy Crystal for an hour, and you go home.
- You draw on whatever’s relevant to the part you’re playing; it makes it more personal.
- There is a certain combination of anarchy and discipline in the way I work.
- The hardest thing about being famous is that people are always nice to you. You’re in a conversation and everybody’s agreeing with what you’re saying — even if you say something totally crazy. You need people who can tell you what you don’t want to hear.
- Nobody has moved me from my seat yet. But, just in case, I’ve bought my own restaurants.
- I just can’t fake acting. I know movies are an illusion, and maybe the first rule is to fake it, but not for me. I’m too curious. I want to deal with all the facts of the character, thin or fat.
Don’t have access to weights?!? Who needs weights when you have body weight and gravity. Check out 44 of the best body weight exercises that can make a world of difference to your work out sessions.
We have all done calisthenics at some point in our lives, for most it would be during our childhood gym sessions in school whilst others would have done some form of it in training for sporting activities or even general keep fit routines. Other than the usual pull ups/push ups/dips, I have never really included it in my routines. But the video below might have just made me in to a Calisthenic convert, literally mindblowing.