People seem to be finding my site looking for Robert De Niro quotes and since I didn’t really have anything related to that on my site, this post is to compensate for that. So enjoy some of my favourite quotes from a truly amazing actor –
- If you’re an actor, always be true to your character. If you are not an actor, have character and always be true to yourself.
- Sometimes if you have financial restraints, it’s a benefit. It forces you to come up with a more creative way.
- You’ll have time to rest when you’re dead.
- There’s nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself.
- Time goes on. So whatever you’re going to do, do it. Do it now. Don’t wait.
- You learned the two greatest thing in life, never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.
- Good directors can bring certain things out of you, with their intensity or gentleness or sensitivity or understanding. They can make an actor feel he can do no wrong.
- I always tell actors when they go in for an audition: Don’t be afraid to do what your instincts tell you. You may not get the part, but people will take notice.
- In acting, I always try to go back to what would actually be the real situation, the real human behavior in life.
- Money makes your life easier. If you’re lucky to have it, you’re lucky.
- My definition of a good hotel is a place I’d stay at.
- When you make a drama, you spend all day beating a guy to death with a hammer, or what have you. Or, you have to take a bite out of somebody’s face. On the other hand, with a comedy, you yell at Billy Crystal for an hour, and you go home.
- You draw on whatever’s relevant to the part you’re playing; it makes it more personal.
- There is a certain combination of anarchy and discipline in the way I work.
- The hardest thing about being famous is that people are always nice to you. You’re in a conversation and everybody’s agreeing with what you’re saying — even if you say something totally crazy. You need people who can tell you what you don’t want to hear.
- Nobody has moved me from my seat yet. But, just in case, I’ve bought my own restaurants.
- I just can’t fake acting. I know movies are an illusion, and maybe the first rule is to fake it, but not for me. I’m too curious. I want to deal with all the facts of the character, thin or fat.